It was hosted by the excellent Matthew Dyson who delivered the course in a very relaxed and entertaining manner. Coming up with various quotes and providing us therapists with the many ways we can help the client.
A lot was learned and it was great, as always, to catch up with my fellow colleagues again. It's interesting to find out how they are doing and encouraging to know hypnotherapy is becoming more and more popular.
Here are some of the points that I found interesting, and may be of use to know.
- A study shows people have willpower challenges 25% of their waking hours (day), and fail in 50% of them.
- 20 seconds is usually long enough to wait to avoid a temptation.
- 5 minutes of exercise will increase willpower capability.
- People are more disciplined earlier in the day.
- Delayed gratification results in a higher reward (ie; waiting for something).
If you'd like some help improving your willpower, then get in touch.