Once again it was full of fascinating information and was fun too. It was well attended with myself and Gareth Strangemore-Jones the token males. We learned about the changes over time as to the methods used by humans to give birth and the reasons behind them. We also learned that nature knows what to do and that modern man has made things more complicated than is necessary.
It really was eye opening to learn what hypnotherapy can do to make the pregnancy and the eventual birth so much easier and enjoyable, just by helping the mother (and the father) relax. It's quite simple really, just stay calm, but, as we all know staying calm is not that simple. This is where your hypnotherapist comes in. Teaching you the techniques you will use to stay calm and supporting you and your partner throughout your pregnancy.
As usual I took plenty of notes of which below is just a short selection.
- 90% of everyone alive in the world today was born at home
- Endorphines are 200% more powerful than Morphine
- Laying on your back to give birth only benefits the Doctor/Midwife
- Research shows hypnosis can reduce the labour time by up to 3 hours for a first born
- Research shows medical intervention during childbirth is reduced by 84-99% when using hypnosis
- Anxiety can cause the labour process to stop
If you are interested in hypnotherapy at any time during your pregnancy please do get in touch to find out more.