Helen Green was the tutor and she delivered an excellent lesson, filled with fascinating information and plenty of laughs.
IBS can be a very serious condition if left to itself. It's important that anyone suffering from it seeks medical diagnosis before looking for further help.
We were made very aware that SFH has been proven to help people with IBS and, indeed, was the number one choice of therapy for many.
If you have IBS and are seeking help, please do get in touch. I'll be glad to help. Below are some of the notes I took during the day.
- The Gut has a dedicated nervous system
- The Brain & Gut are in constant communication with each other
- 95% of Serotonin is produced in the Gut
- ⅓ of Gut Bacteria is common to all, the other ⅔ are totally unique to each person
- Stress always makes IBS worse
- The cause/s of IBS are currently unknown