I recently posted a question on my Facebook page asking people
who'd suffered from depression to describe what it felt like so that
those who'd never experienced it could understand it better. Here
were the responses:
1. Depression is seeing no future, and no answer for any of the problems in your life.
2. When you have depression, nothing is enjoyable. Nothing can make you smile.
3. It feels like you're a ghost ... not a part of the real world.
4. It's like drowning ... except you can see everyone around you breathing.
5. Depression is a dark, inescapable place. It's like being locked in a room with no light, windows or door. It's so dark you can't even see your hands in front of your face let alone find a way out.
6. Depression is the inability to construct or envision a future.
Originally posted on Huffington Post.
All postings on the NEWS page are made purely for information and interest. I do not endorse or denounce any of them but find them all very interesting. I leave it up to you to decide if what you read will work for you.